Thursday, June 26, 2008

most exciting moment EVER

ok. ok ok ok ok. so. today, on our way to ashesi for the seminar we stopped at the market to buy some bananas because sandra and evelyn insist that i do not eat enough and try to make me explode. but as we all know- bananas are in the frothy category.. so.. i wasn't sure how it was going to work out.
anyways.
a couple hours after breakfast francis comes up to me and is like- hey kayte can i have one of your bananas?
me: yea sure, why?
francis: no reason- here come with me.

so we go.

and we walk around the wall towards the main building. the wall seperates the university from the house next door, and the trees spill over the way and it's really pretty and stuff.
anyways.
we go- and there hanging over the wall not a foot from me is a MONKEY!! SHUT UP! hahaha. I FED IT!!! oh my gosh. words could not express my excitement. and sandra and evelyn and francis laughed and laughed because i was so thrilled by the monkey. but i mean it's a MONKEY! and it was right there!!! it ate out of my hand! sweet jeepers.


yesterday we were at the alisa hotel for a couple roundtables. it's so incredible, the things i'm learning. today there was a lecture on africa/china relations. so amazing. i started reading a book about sustainable development- next i'll move on to the economics books :) but we're so busy- the IMANI team is ready to collapse- franklin said we'll probly take monday and maybe tuesday off to recover.. which i would mind. it would be nice to go back to sleep after the roosters wake me up.
other than the seminar that's about it- i watch "second chance" with sandra at 9pm- love telenovelas. haha, then i go to bed and it's up with the roosters again! we never leave at the same time in the morning and the seminar never has the same schedule 2 days in a row.. haha. getting ghanains to stick to a schedule is as difficult as teaching me calculus- near impossible.
i guess that's about it! i'll write more soon :)

No comments: